Friday, February 13, 2015

el 6 de febrero- almost Nicaragua bound!

​ten days more.... what even!

one of the sisters in my district, {who will go unnamed}, needed to go on adventure for some underclothing that they don't sell here at the MTC, so Tuesday, instead of gym time, we got ADVENTURE TIME! We went to JCPenney's and almost all of us ended up taking something home... I got a new pair of black shoes to wear on Sunday, because I realized that all of my skirts are black, and I have one pair of black shoes.... the math didn't add up.

the first couple of weeks that we were here, the sun never showed its face, so I got in the habit that when I DID see the sun, I would run up and shout to the heavens "EL SOL!" {which is Spanish for "the sun!"}.

we have the fire, for those of you who don't read spanish. and we do! our district is -almost- ready for the real world, and we have been asked to share it with all. the p.s. note is "abran sus bocas" which translates to the command to "open your mouth!" it's a running joke with our teacher, hermano ostler. 

i found one of my friends from Jackson in the MTC this week, and I was so excited I screamed! Motra Shayla Henderson is here for 9 weeks, learning Albania to go and teach the people in the Adriactic North Mission. I didn't get a chance this week for a picture, and I only have one week left, so we best get our act together. :)

We sang "Sweet Hour of Prayer" this week in the devotional and one of the things that Brother Egget said really stuck out to me. He said something to the effect of "We need to make sure that our prayers are like an ATM transaction. 'Hey it's me (insert card); I want these blessings (tell the ATM how much you want), okay thanks! (remove card, take cash) and that's it.' And that really struck me. We need to make sure that we are making our prayers meaningful. 

Fast Sundays here at the MTC are like riding a spiritual wave. Between Mission Conference, District Meeting, and the Evening Devotional, you pretty much don't stand for every long, but it's amazing. You just learn soo much! 

We are drawing near to the end with our investigators, and with one, we almost had a "Come to Jesus!" moment. We have been teaching her for four weeks, two meetings each week, and I don't feel like she progressed as much as I think she could have. After our last lesson with her, I was feeling okay, a little downtrodden, but I finally realized what was missing. "Ella no tiene fuego!" I burst out. She doesn't have the fire! I have the fire of the Gospel inside me and I can't enfore those beliefs on others. I have to let them figure it out for themselves.

I know that this gospel is true. I know that with all my heart. The people here are amazing and are only here to help you learn and grow.

i love you all more than words, and thank you so much for your words of support.
nos vamos! hermana graves

No comments:

Post a Comment