Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Golden

they say if you can make it to Sunday of your first week, you will be okay. and if you can make it to Wednesday, you will be golden. 


this week was kind of hard, but at the same time, I enjoyed it so much. Saturday was a blur of classes, Spanish and preparation. Sunday was the best day. Being apart of the largest Relief Society meeting in the world is a very neat experience. Especially when there are people from all over the world there.

​Hermana Garfield, myself, Hermana Smith, and Hermana Cornell during our Temple Walk.

 ​A few of the Elders that left on Monday... The middle two (Elders Mendoza and Elder Clemens) were our Zone Leaders. Great Elders.

​The Sisters of Branch 41. Sisters Butler, Richards, Laudie and Himle all left on Monday, so we are the four sisters in my district are the only ones left in our zone. sad day...

                                  ​We found the world map! So of course, we had to take pictures...

Can I just say how hard it is to say goodbye to people that you just met four days ago, but already love? We sang "God Be With You Til We Meet Again" in Spanish to the departing districts and it was one of the hardest things to do. I love and care for all of them and I want the best for them all!

Tuesday though, was one of the best days. I have been in the same room as an apostle (or apostles) four times in my life: a youth fireside with Elder Bednar, a stake conference with Elder Oaks, a Christmas Devotional at Temple Square, and the Devotional on Tuesday. There were several members of the 70 there, as well as Russell M. Nelson and his wife. Such a neat experience. As the MTC choir, we got the chance to sing one of the most beautiful arrangements of "Joseph Smith's First Prayer" I have ever sung. Plus, the devotional was broadcast to all of the MTCs around the world, so that's pretty neat.

We got a new investigator on Monday, and I totally love her! Maribel is not a member, but she "understands" more English so she helps us a little bit more with our English to Spanish translations. I get a little bit frustrated with my Spanish sometimes because I used to be able to speak better Spanish, but I lost a lot of my vocabulary. I have to work at it, but I'm building my vocab back up again.
Last night was one of the highlights of my MTC experience so far. As a district, we spend 2 hours getting to know each other better. We talked favorite movies, fun facts about ourselves, and then secrets. We also went around and told everyone in our district something that we love about them, and it was one of the most amazing experiences. We all got to know each other on a much deeper emotional level, and it was fantastic. I love these Elders and Hermanas like family and I know that we were put together in this district to help each other grow and to share the burdens that we have.

We went to the temple again as a zone, and I absolutely love the temple. It's just an amazing place to be when you have a question in your heart, or when you just need a little bit of relaxation. I got to see Moe, a friend's fiance, in the session, and it was great to catch up. She's busy planning a wedding and going to school, but she still asked if there was anything that I needed that she could call and ask my parents for. I love having friends like that!  

I know that is gospel is true. I know that Joseph Smith was called of God and that he was chosen to begin the last dispensation on this Earth. The Book of Mormon holds the answers to all of our questions, if we just ask God for guidance. Christ came here to help us be able to return to live with Him and Heavenly Father in the eternities. This is where I am supposed to be. The people of Nicaragua need me, and I will do all I can now to prepare to help them in any way I can. Until next week!
Elder Muirbrook and Elder Jungers

Elder Rankin and Elder Jagneaux

No comments:

Post a Comment